Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Letters on skin by Magdalena Nishe


I don’t know how many times I’ve read your last letter. I know the words by heart now; they’re embedded in my skin. I keep our souvenirs from the last year nearby. I lay the
m out often to recall our steps, to etch the memories into my mind. I touch each one and whisper your name, move on to the next. Do you remember the meadow in April, sheathed in morning fog? Do you remember the stepping stones in the river? I keep things from before you even knew who I was, when I could only watch from a distance. These I brush over as well, until I am lost inside you, and certain that our story will never fade from my mind…


Letters on skin, letters under skin...
Photo-story from Nishe

















No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...